Volunteer Opportunities at
Children's Grief Center
- Group Facilitators
Attend a 21 hour training course to better understand the children and teens that we serve. Issues pertaining to death, dying and bereaved children and adults are addressed. These specially trained volunteers work with children, teens and their families in support groups as they share their thoughts, feelings and experiences with each other and work through the healing process of grief. (The Children's Grief Center reserves the right to select volunteers that are best suited for this work.)
- Group volunteers are trained at least 3 times a year, January, April, August/September.
- We invest a great deal of training in our volunteers, therefore, we require a one year commitment to our organization.
- Our groups meet weekly so volunteers may participate weekly or biweekly.
- Volunteer candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- A criminal background check is run on each candidate.
- Our candidates come to us from all walks of life. Some of our volunteers only have the training we provide while others are undergraduate and graduate students in the fields of counseling, social work, psychology, marketing, child development and human services.
- If you are interested in submitting an application for the next training, please click here and complete the application. You will be notified of the next training date.
Participate on committees involved in helping the Center with fundraising efforts.
- Office Assistants
Perform various tasks in the office such as mailings, copying, phone answering and word processing skills.
- Health Fairs
A community outreach effort to distribute information about the Children's Grief Center and services offered.
- Special Occasions
Projects, activities and events centered on doing special things for the families that we serve.
- Internship Opportunities
are available for undergraduate and graduate students in the fields of counseling, social work, marketing, and child development.
- Is your business or organization looking for a cause to support?
Through fundraising, volunteer efforts or other community activities your organization can help provide support and hope to El Paso children. Please contact us for more information.